Re: Re: Update of web page

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-documentation <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: Update of web page
Date: 2000-11-10 10:56:49
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > > Vince, I am doing some cleanup of the web site. I would like to talk to
> > > you via e-mail or phone once I am done so I can revert any changes you
> > > do not like.
> >
> > Try to be descriptive in the CVS comments and don't bother with the
> > doxlist stuff. It's history and will not be back. It just hasn't
> > been removed yet so I have a reference of things that were there. I'm
> > following the CVS reports.
>
> OK, I will leave the dox stuff for later reference.
>
> The changes I have made are mostly combining items with a single bullet
> into groups, and moving some of the stuff from developers corner to
> users lounge. I am cleaning up some of the wording and making it more
> consistent. Nothing really major, but it seems to flow better now, at
> least for me. I can revert any of the changes. I am still working on
> it, and may be at it for another hour.
>
> My goal is to condense a little so things stand out more. How does it
> look so far?

Looks ok so far. You may get some flack about the list archives. Folks
were pretty adamant about not having to look around for any particular
list and wanted them all together. We'll see if there are complaints.

How out of sync is CVS with the website? I just fixed a typo in the
devel's index and the result was 10 revs off and an ugly merge. It's
fixed now.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com http://www.pop4.net
128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com
Online Giftshop Superstore http://www.cloudninegifts.com