Re: [PORTS] Please Define Supported/Unsupported

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Palle Girgensohn <girgen(at)partitur(dot)se>
Cc: Ricardo Davis <rcdavis(at)intermedia(dot)com>, webmaster(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, dkulrich(at)intermedia(dot)com, pgsql-ports(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [PORTS] Please Define Supported/Unsupported
Date: 1999-12-30 03:50:57
Lists: pgsql-ports

On Thu, 30 Dec 1999, Palle Girgensohn wrote:

> Ricardo Davis wrote:
> >
> > On the features comparison chart (http://www.postgresql.org/doxlist.html) you
> > specify whether pgsql 6.5.3 is supported or unsupported on a number of
> > platforms. This list says that this version is
> > not supported for Linux/Sparc systems, however RedHat's latest distribution
> > has RPMs for version 6.5.2. So does "unsupported" mean "not for public
> > release"? Or does the PostgreSQL team plan to
> > ever maintain current versions for the Linux/Sparc platform?
>
> I don't think the PostgreSQL team maintains the web page. I've been
> using postgres for sparc for two+ years. Postgres is well supported on
> Sparc, alright. The web site is not that well supported, though. :(

The web site is quite well supported, actually...based on what ppl
report...

Now, I've been using PostgreSQL for the past 3+ years on Sparc ... running
Solaris ... can you confirm that the Sparc you are running on is Linux vs
Solaris, so that Vince can get that updated?

Marc G. Fournier ICQ#7615664 IRC Nick: Scrappy
Systems Administrator @ hub.org