Search engine on http://www.postgresql.org ...

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Search engine on http://www.postgresql.org ...
Date: 2000-11-23 14:31:42
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-general

After cursing over this for I don't know how long, its was recently
brought to my attention that the C search.cgi that comes with UDMsearch
just might not be up to snuff, compared to some of the other interfaces

After some investigation, we've installed a mod_perl front-end to the
database that, with ~10million rows of data and 95k documents loaded,
appears to be highly responsive ...

We've just finished loading up the complete web site, and welcome feedback
on this, including sample searches that ppl feel are taking too long, so
that I can test it from here ... and from what page you've tested it ...

Marc G. Fournier ICQ#7615664 IRC Nick: Scrappy
Systems Administrator @ hub.org