Re: Autoconf version discrepancies

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Autoconf version discrepancies
Date: 2000-10-03 13:19:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Bruce Momjian writes:
>
> > I always telnet into hub to run autoconf. I have a little script in my
> > ~momjian/bin directory called pgautoconf that does that, and cvs commits
> > the changes.
>
> That's exactly the problem, the version on hub.org is custom-patched for
> FreeBSD and has significant loser potential on other platforms.
>
> And really, there's no need to do that either, if you install the original
> GNU tarball locally.

An upgrade must have replaced it then 'cuze I built 2.13 from original
sources back in April '99 and Marc installed it on hub.

Marc it's in my autoconf directory if you want to reinstall it. I just
remade it so it's current to this version of the OS.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com http://www.pop4.net
128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com
Online Giftshop Superstore http://www.cloudninegifts.com