Re: JDBC support

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: "Ray S(dot) Cunningham" <rcunningham(at)ispring(dot)com>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JDBC support
Date: 2000-08-29 09:48:41
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > On your website it states that you offer JDBC support ...
>
> Right.
>
> > I could not locate the JDBC driver in the download area of your website.
> > All I see is the ODBC driver. When you say you offer a JDBC connection
> > interface, do you mean only JDBC-ODBC bridge? If so, when will you offer a
> > native JDBC driver? Thanks.
>
> We have a native JDBC driver. It is included in the distribution
> tarball, in RPM and other packages, and is also available from Peter
> Mount's web site (cross referenced from the Postgres website). The
> latter will have more frequent releases than that of Postgres itself
> (Peter is the principal author of the package).
>
> I'm not finding the package cross references on our newly redesigned web
> site. Vince? I recall you saying something about this just recently, but
> my mind is a clean slate ;)

My fault. Somehow I had the url to interfaces pointing to projects
instead. The JDBC link and some other java stuff is in the users-lounge
at Interfacing to PostgreSQL.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com http://www.pop4.net
128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com
Online Giftshop Superstore http://www.cloudninegifts.com