PostgreSQL Inc. Press Release [25/08/00]

From: Corporate Communications <pr(at)pgsql(dot)com>
To: Undisclosed recipients: ;
Subject: PostgreSQL Inc. Press Release [25/08/00]
Date: 2000-08-26 01:14:48
Lists: pgsql-announce

Wolfville, Nova Scotia
For Immediate Release
Friday, August 25th, 2000

PostgreSQL, Inc. Announces New Team Members, Partners & Exciting New
Database Developments

PostgreSQL, Inc. was founded in early 1999 to promote PostgreSQL
open-source database applications development, training, certification and
support programs.

Company founder Marc Fournier announced restructuring to move PostgreSQL
applications, and PostgreSQL, Inc. forward in both the consumer and
commercial database markets. "Joining our team as directors and advisors
are new members from the original four ('core') founding PostgreSQL global
community steering committee. In addition to advisory duties, these core
members have contributed to the rigorous analysis and design of new
commercial enhancements to enable PostgreSQL, Inc. to launch several
enhancements and new products over the coming months. This announcement
also confirms that development has started on our Enterprise Replication
Server (eR Server), with initial trials targeted for October, 2000."

Fournier explains, "this restructuring ensures that we can provide the
highest level of expertise to all our support clients and development
partners. Those commercial activities will continue our funding of several
new and critical business capabilities of the PostgreSQL open-source
Object Relational Database Management System, including a WinNT version."

Fournier advises, "we are also well along in our negotiations with other
companies and individuals interested both investing in and joining the
PostgreSQL, Inc. team. We're aggressively developing several exciting
applications and strategic alliances. Expect a weekly update on our
initiatives as new people, clients, and projects are landing almost daily.
This is just the beginning!"

PostgreSQL, Inc.
PO Box 1648
Wolfville, Nova Scotia
Canada, B0P 1X0
Phone: 902 542 0713
Toll Free 1 877 542 0713
Fax: 902 542 5386

To obtain a copy of this document in electronic [PDF] format:
http://www.pgsql.com/press/Pgsql_Inc_Press-1.PDF

CONTACT INFORMATION:
Jeff MacDonald, Director, Operations
o 1 877 542 0713