Re: Re: [GENERAL] +/- Inf for float8's

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Don Baccus <dhogaza(at)pacifier(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, "Ross J(dot) Reedstrom" <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu>, Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>, pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: [GENERAL] +/- Inf for float8's
Date: 2000-08-20 00:34:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

http://www.postgresql.org/bugs/

I was about to implement it once before and the directory disappeared.
But anyway it's there.

Vince.

On Sat, 19 Aug 2000, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> Ben has an account on Hub, and aolserver has been installed, so if you
> guys want to install and get this working, just tell me what else you need
> as far as software and/or configurations are concerned and "it shall be
> done" ...
>
> On Sat, 19 Aug 2000, Don Baccus wrote:
>
> > At 12:33 AM 8/20/00 +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > >(Side note: Folks, we need a real bug/issue-tracking system. We just
> > >discussed this a month ago ("How PostgreSQL's floating point hurts
> > >everyone everywhere"). If anyone's interested in porting Bugzilla or some
> > >other such system to PostgreSQL and putting it into use, let me know.)
> >
> > OpenACS and arsDigita are using Ben Adida's software development manager,
> > which includes a ticket-tracking module. It's still under development,
> > but you can take a look at www.openacs.org/sdm to see how we're using
> > it.
> >
> > It was developed for Postgres (which is what you see at the above URL)
> > then ported to Oracle (which is what you arsDigita does). aD has also
> > added some functionality which is supposed to be ported back to the
> > Postgres version.
> >
> > Among other things it integrates with a todo list manager that maintains
> > individual todo lists for developers ... you're assigned a bug, it
> > ends up on your todo list.
> >

> > - Don Baccus, Portland OR <dhogaza(at)pacifier(dot)com>
> > Nature photos, on-line guides, Pacific Northwest
> > Rare Bird Alert Service and other goodies at
> > http://donb.photo.net.
> >

> Marc G. Fournier ICQ#7615664 IRC Nick: Scrappy
> Systems Administrator @ hub.org
> primary: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org secondary: scrappy(at){freebsd|postgresql}.org

Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com http://www.pop4.net
128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com
Online Giftshop Superstore http://www.cloudninegifts.com