ODBC driver and referential integrity

From: Max Khon <fjoe(at)iclub(dot)nsu(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ODBC driver and referential integrity
Date: 2000-07-19 15:12:46
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

hi, there!

as far as I can see PostgreSQL ODBC driver cannot return errors on
referential integrity violations. is this a weel-known issue?
I tried driver that comes with postgresql distribution and the driver
that comes with unixODBC. They are quite similar and the reason why they
cannot handle referential integrity violation errors is that
'C' reply from backend comes before 'E'.

/fjoe