Re: TUPLE SIZE HELP

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>, Thomas Swan <tswan(at)olemiss(dot)edu>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: TUPLE SIZE HELP
Date: 2000-07-19 00:00:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> > > Are there any plans to remove this limitation from the TEXT datatype? If
> > > so, do you know what version we might see this in?
> >
> > It is already in the current development tree and will be
> > shipped with the next release, scheduled for end of the year.
>
> Just a quick note ... with v7.x, you *can* use the lztext type to get by
> the limitation ... its a temporary fix, but I believe that Vince is using
> it for the web site for similar reasons to the original poster ...

You are correct. The guide now fits into one tuple.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com http://www.pop4.net
128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com
Online Giftshop Superstore http://www.cloudninegifts.com