Re: More OO Support

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: lincy lin <lincy(at)iname(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: More OO Support
Date: 2000-06-28 01:23:22
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sun, 25 Jun 2000, lincy lin wrote:

> Hi !
>

> I am new comer to PostgreSQL. I have few years experience of
> OODB (CA-Jasmine). It's is possible to give PostgreSQL more oo support
> in future release ? If PostgreSQL can support method and collection
> will very helpful.

there is a mailing list setup (pgsql-hackers-oo(at)postgresql(dot)org) for the
express purpose of discussing developments related to OO implementations
and extensions ... Chris Bitmead has been doing alot of work on improving
this ... if you are willing/able to help him out with coding, would
recommend joining the above list and offering to help out ... even ideas
and suggestions are welcome, doesn't have to all be code :)