Re: postgresql.org ftp troubles?

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
Cc: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>, Hackers List <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgresql.org ftp troubles?
Date: 2000-06-16 04:01:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, Vince Vielhaber wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:
>
> > I'm seeing what I think is newly-broken behavior for the ftp site. Seems
> > to be pointing to the underlying hub.org area rather than the postgres
> > one.
> >
> > Is this a problem on my end, or do others see it too?
>
> On the docs page there were four links to the ftp area and were set
> as postgresql.org. This morning I had a couple of reports in the
> webmaster mailbox saying they didn't work. Perhaps something new in
> the last couple of days?

ack ... I figured everything referenced it as ftp.postgresql.org, so it
would be totally transparent :(

we had an idle box on our network that had a seperate, idle T1 to the
Internet that we moved ftp.postgresql.org over to the other day ... I
should have mentioned something instead of making teh assumption that
everything pointed to ftp.postgresql.org ... sorry about that ..