Re: Header File cleanup.

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Header File cleanup.
Date: 2000-05-29 22:01:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I'll give you a different source to read ... the archives :) This one has
been bounced back and forth a few times already, with *at least* twice
that I can think of where to even shifted from one to the other and back
again *roll eyes*

On Mon, 29 May 2000, Lamar Owen wrote:

> Enlighten me:
>
> Why use #include "header.h" over #include <header.h> for exported interface
> header files? I've read the man and info page, and understand the differences
> from a C preprocessor standpoint, so, suggestions to read those sources will be
> piped to /dev/null -- I'm looking for why _we_ do it one way over the other.
>
> The reason I am asking is to see if anyone using the RPM's have had problems
> #include'ing our headers.... but, as well, to see just what the advantages of
> "" over <> are for our exported headers.
>
> --
> Lamar Owen
> WGCR Internet Radio
> 1 Peter 4:11

Marc G. Fournier ICQ#7615664 IRC Nick: Scrappy
Systems Administrator @ hub.org