Re: Re: It happened again: Server hung up solid

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Michael Robinson <robinson(at)netrinsics(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: It happened again: Server hung up solid
Date: 2000-05-08 04:08:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, 7 May 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Are we still releasing 7.0 tomorrow?

I don't know ... this problem has me nervous, but I can't seem to
re-create it on the fly :( It happened twice so far today, and I'm
working on improving logging to see if I can narrow it down ...

I would like to *at least* postpone until Wednesday to see if I can
recreate this between now and then ... will spend a good part of tomorrow
seeing if I can get a more decent amount of data logged, to narrow her
down ...

We still have to write up a release announcement (can someone summarize
the key features of v7.0?), so that gives us a little bit of time ...