Re: [HACKERS] Postgres LOGO(was: Beta is February 15th)

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: phd2(at)earthling(dot)net
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Postgres LOGO(was: Beta is February 15th)
Date: 2000-01-29 17:28:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Everything revolves around the elephant ... all the 'wearables' use the
more cartoonish logo at: http://www.pgsql.com/propaganda.html ... I know
Vince is planning on redoing the http://www.postgresql.org web site, so
I'm not sure whether he's going to continue to work with the one there, or
move towards the cartoonish one also ...

On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, Oleg Broytmann wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Not sure this was announced, but we are planning beta for 7.0 to start
> > in February 15, not February 1, as originally planned.
>
> I am taking part in writing articles for
> http://www.simplex.ru/news/koi/. It is russian weblog, similar to Slahdot.
> Mostly I post announcements of different Python and Zope-related products.
> But the version 7.0 will be so major change. I want to put an
> announcement there, and to do this I need a logo - any small picture. Where
> can I get Postgres logo?
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/images/verh2.gif is mostly good for me. Are
> there others?
>
> Oleg.
> ----
> Oleg Broytmann http://members.xoom.com/phd2/ phd2(at)earthling(dot)net
> Programmers don't die, they just GOSUB without RETURN.

Marc G. Fournier ICQ#7615664 IRC Nick: Scrappy
Systems Administrator @ hub.org