Re: foreign key question: the backend end the connection

From: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
To: lt <ltshadow(at)basecity(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: foreign key question: the backend end the connection
Date: 2000-10-10 16:33:59
Lists: pgsql-admin

Have you renamed any tables used in the foreign keys
(or dumped and restored with different names or some
missing tables). Under 7.0.2 and earlier there is
a problem with postgres crashing if a constraint trigger
has bad values (due to renames or incomplete restores).
This should be fixed for 7.1 with a message that it's
unable to find the tablename. I believe that if you
look through the archives (I forget which list though),
you will find a patch for 7.0.2 that will turn the
crash into an exception message with more information.

Stephan Szabo
sszabo(at)bigpanda(dot)com