Re: Possible bug in referential integrity system

From: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
To: Richard Ellis <rellis(at)erols(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Possible bug in referential integrity system
Date: 2000-09-06 16:40:56
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Actually, this is what the spec defines. You're using match
unspecified, which means:

- If no <match type> was specified then, for each row R1 of the
referencing table, either at least one of the values of the
referencing columns in R1 shall be a null value, or the value of
each referencing column in R1 shall be equal to the value of the
corresponding referenced column in some row of the referenced
table.

Stephan Szabo
sszabo(at)bigpanda(dot)com