Re: Select subset of rows

From: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
To: Paulo Roberto Siqueira <paulo(dot)siqueira(at)usa(dot)net>
Cc: PGSQL SQL <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Select subset of rows
Date: 2000-08-27 21:08:27
Lists: pgsql-sql

Of course immediately after sending the last message and logging off my
ISP I figured out the simpler way for the third one:

begin;
select salary into temp saltemp from employee order by salary desc
limit 5;
select name from employee where exists (select * from saltemp where
saltemp.salary=employee.salary);
end;

Stephan Szabo
sszabo(at)bigpanda(dot)com