automatic timestamp

From: Marc Tardif <admin(at)wtbwts(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: automatic timestamp
Date: 2000-01-31 18:43:17
Lists: pgsql-general

Does postgresql have an automatic timestamp, something built-in which
could save me from creating an extra date field? This kind of information
could be used to delete records which have become too old. If there is
such a hidden field, please let me know whereabout in the manual I could
read more about it.

Thanks,
Marc