Re: [HACKERS] Getting number of tuples affected

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Michael Richards <miker(at)scifair(dot)acadiau(dot)ca>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Getting number of tuples affected
Date: 1999-06-30 14:41:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 30 Jun 1999, Michael Richards wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Jun 1999, Vince Vielhaber wrote:
>
> > > I was looking for a function to return the number of tuples an update
> > > returned, but couldn't find anything for libpq++. Any ideas?
> >
> > Added to my list of stuff to do. As to what else you can do, submit
> > patches? :)
>
> > > There is no PgDatabase::exec
> > Yep. Guess that should be data.Exec(...
> Not sure there is an Exec either :)

It's inherited.

> I've been making a pile of changes to the PgDatabase class. (Actually I
> derived it). One such change is a function to quote a string you're going
> to use in SQL. I'm not sure if this belongs in the PgDatabase class, but
> if you think so, I'll add it before I submit the tuple count patches.

I don't think it belongs in PgDatabase. I'm not even sure it belongs in
libpq++, although I can see its usefulness.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com flame-mail: /dev/null
# include <std/disclaimers.h> TEAM-OS2
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com
Online Giftshop Superstore http://www.cloudninegifts.com