Re: [HACKERS] Re: Release date and docs

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>, Postgres Hackers List <hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: Release date and docs
Date: 1999-05-28 12:58:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 27 May 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > Are you going to generate HISTORY from (sgml) for this release? If so, I
> > > will skip updating that.
> >
> > Yes. So, I'm going to be out of town from this evening through the
> > holiday weekend. And I would need a few days (4?; could shrink it a
> > bit by taking a day from work) to prepare postscript hardcopy for a
> > release.
> >
> > Are we on track to release June 1? If so, I'd like to derail it by a
> > few days to get the hardcopy docs prepared. If not, I won't need to
> > take the fall for asking for a slip ;)
>
> No one has requested any kind of slip from June 1. I may if we can't
> get these final items done on the open list. My major item is to fix
> the psql \h, man pages, and docs for the new locking parameters from
> Vadim. That will have to be done before the release, and I haven't done
> them yet. We also need regression tests from numeric. I would say we
> should target June 4 or June 7 for the release, depending on whether we
> need the weekend. We are certainly in good shape for this release,
> though.

Let's make it June 7th...I prefer a Monday release to a Friday one, and if
Thomas needs a little more time for the docs, and you have a couple of
things you want dealt with, take the extra couple of days...

Let's lock her down for June 7th though...Vince?

Marc G. Fournier ICQ#7615664 IRC Nick: Scrappy
Systems Administrator @ hub.org