Odd "problem", not sure if there is a solution ....

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Odd "problem", not sure if there is a solution ....
Date: 1999-03-26 03:46:36
Lists: pgsql-sql

am working up a database for client that contains answers for online
testing...right now, the 'tables' look like:

userid Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 etc

I want to change it so that its more generic, as:

userid question_no answer

so that instead of one row per user, there are X rows...

the problem is that, somehow, I want the client to be able to view the
results as the first format (ie. one line per user) with it being stored
as multiple lines per user...

Possible?

Marc G. Fournier ICQ#7615664 IRC Nick: Scrappy
Systems Administrator @ hub.org