Re: [GENERAL] Postgres logo, copyrights, etc...

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Peter Blazso <blazso(at)deltav(dot)hu>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Postgres logo, copyrights, etc...
Date: 1999-03-26 03:40:52
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, Peter Blazso wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to know if there is any 'postgresql-powered' (or sg. like that)
> logo available on the net. I have checked a few ftp and web sites and
> been searching for it but without success. (I just want to use it on a
> website which is 'postgres-powered' really!)

Over the past several works, there has been extensive work done on coming
up with something, and today, it was "provided"...hopefully, over the next
few days, it will be publicly announced, but there are still a few "bugs"
being worked out of it ...

> My other problem/question is about copyrights. I developed a
> registry-system for universities using Java, JDBC, Postgres and Linux
> and I planning to sell it but before I do anything I'd like to know if
> it's legal... I'd give these "helper-tools" along with my system (and
> with source) and I'd only charge for what I did, however I know that
> this program depends on all of the above.

Go for it...there is nothing that says you cannot use PostgreSQL, or
distribute it, as part of one of your projects...another bonus over things
like Oracle and Informix :)

Marc G. Fournier ICQ#7615664 IRC Nick: Scrappy
Systems Administrator @ hub.org