Re: [PORTS] fmgr cache lookup failed on initdb

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Manuel Lemos <mlemos(at)acm(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [PORTS] fmgr cache lookup failed on initdb
Date: 1999-02-28 18:45:24
Lists: pgsql-ports

On 28 Feb 1999, Manuel Lemos wrote:

> Hello The,
>
> On 28-Feb-99 07:26:52, you wrote:
>
> >> I have ported PostgreSQL to the AmigaOS using a Unix emulation library.
> >>
> >> PostgreSQL 6.1 work fine but either PostgreSQL 6.2 and 6.4.2 give me
> >> problems on initdb. Postgres backend spits out this message:
> >>
> >> ERROR: fmgr_info: function 0: cache lookup failed
> >>
> >> Anybody has any idea of why this happens?
> >>

> >> BTW, since the Amiga Developer environment that I used emulates the normal
> >> Unix enviroment, would the PostgreSQL developers be interested that
> >> integrated any Amiga specific templates and ported code to make the main
> >> distribuition of PostgreSQL build out of the box on the Amiga OS too?
>
> >Definitely...please send patches in to pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org with
> >what is required, but plesae make sure that any patches are against the
> >current source tree, not v6.4.2...
>
> Ok, but to work on the current source tree wouldn't it be better to get me
> a CVS write account so I can work in the absolutely latest version? Don't

Access to the CVS repository is limited, with the only ones that have
received it in the past being those that have worked with us for ages now,
and have proven themselves in so far as the patches they have submitted.

There is access to the current source tree available via snapshot's
created nightly, CVSup as well as anon-CVS ... all documented on the web
site...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org