Re: [HACKERS] CORBA: row-level locking available?

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Taral <taral(at)cyberjunkie(dot)com>
Cc: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] CORBA: row-level locking available?
Date: 1999-01-18 20:26:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 18 Jan 1999, Taral wrote:

> Is there row-level locking available yet? If not, is anyone working on it? It
> will help CORBA support a lot...

Someoone have a backlog of email he has to catch up on? :)

row-level locking is not going to be implemented, as far as I know,
ever...we have MVCC implemented instead, wich, from my understanding, is
a better way of doing pretty much the same thing...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org