Re: [HACKERS] Another bug in pg_operator.h

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Another bug in pg_operator.h
Date: 1998-10-29 04:39:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, Tom Lane wrote:
> >
> > > Actually, the darn thing is *crawling* with bugs.
> >
> > Guess BETA3 won't be the release, eh? *grin*
>
> I can see an argument for letting it go for 6.5, but if it is broken,
> and is showing up in regression testing, I think we have to fix it.
>
> We can't fix it in 6.4.*. No initdb for that.

Bruce, can you and Thomas go through Tom's patch with a fine
toothed comb before its committed? this close to release (5days!), I'd
rather have a tri-agreement on it, but from what David mentioned, it seems
that it would be "a good thing" to get in before v6.4 is released...

If all three of you feel it is a) right and b) safe, throw it in.
I'll do up a quick BETA4 (release candidate 2) as soon as you tell me
whether or not its being/been committed...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org