Re: [INTERFACES] C++ Builder (Delphi), ODBC and large objects

From: Andrzej Szydlo <andrzej(at)maciek(dot)gv(dot)edu(dot)pl>
To: David Hartwig <daveh(at)insightdist(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] C++ Builder (Delphi), ODBC and large objects
Date: 1998-10-21 07:06:19
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Tue, 20 Oct 1998, David Hartwig wrote:

> Andrzej Szydlo wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 20 Oct 1998, David Hartwig wrote:

[...]

> > Do you mean BLOB+ODBC+ worked for you with no problems?
> > And you accessed BLOBs using TTable or TQuery in Delphi? What were your
> > ODBC and BDE settings?
> >

> Apologies. There is a problem with BLOG+BDE+Delphi. Other applications that I
> have used don't have any problems. Byron is looking at it now.

We've found out by now that Delphi has no problems getting and putting
BLOBs using direct BDE API calls. The problem seems to be in the Delphi
components library, but there's no source available to trace and correct
it. Let me know if you think we might be helpful in this matter in any
way.

Andrzej