Re: [MIRRORS] Revamp'd Web Site...

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Aleksey Dashevsky <postgres(at)luckynet(dot)co(dot)il>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, pgsql-mirrors(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, pgsql-announce(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [MIRRORS] Revamp'd Web Site...
Date: 1998-07-23 16:43:12
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, 23 Jul 1998, Aleksey Dashevsky wrote:

> hi!
> Did you rename start page of PostgreSQL site from index.shtml to
> index.html by an accident or with some special purpose?
> It is very important to maintainers of mirrors,'cause we used to begin
> mirroring from www.postgresql.org/index.shtml -- URL www.postgresql.org
> automatically throws to your nearest mirror !

Ack...I had figured that most mirror sites were using either the
'mirror' package, or, now, rsync :(

Yes, I changed it to index.html on purpose...with .shtml, every
time a person hits a page wiht that extension, your server has to
"process" the file for any SSI directives. This causes extra load on your
machine(s), which at least one mirror site showed concern about :(