Re: [GENERAL] Can I store bitmap graphics in a table?

From: Dan Delaney <dionysos(at)dionysia(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL General List <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Can I store bitmap graphics in a table?
Date: 1998-07-21 15:04:11
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, 21 Jul 1998, Matt McClure wrote:
> You can insert the graphic file by declaring the type to be OID and using
> lo_import().

That sounds like it might work. I'll give it a try. However, the
graphics I'm going to be inserting are not very large, like 50 to
100k, I'd like to be able to do it without using the large object
interface. Anyone have any ideas?

--Dan

Daniel G. Delaney The Louisville Times Chorus
Dionysos(at)Dionysia(dot)org www.LouisvilleTimes.org
www.Dionysia.org/~dionysos/ Dionysia Design
ICQ Number: 8171285 www.Dionysia.com/design/
I doubt, therefore I might be.