Re: [HACKERS] NEW POSTGRESQL LOGOS

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: "Matthew N(dot) Dodd" <winter(at)jurai(dot)net>
Cc: Ken McGlothlen <mcglk(at)serv(dot)net>, pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] NEW POSTGRESQL LOGOS
Date: 1998-06-04 16:57:38
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, Matthew N. Dodd wrote:

> Linux really isn't a problem as far as I'm concerned.

You haven't been around very long, have you? Ask Thomas, one of
the core developers and a Linux user, what Linux' history has been like as
far as PostgreSQL :)

Anyone that has been here long enough knows how I feel about
Linux, and they know that I enjoy Baiting as much as possible, cause,
quite frankly...you guys are *sooooo* easy to bait :)

> You spend far too much time engaging in sniper warfare against Linux and
> its users in this group. While I agree with you that Linux has some
> philosophical issues that I'm not completly happy with its users do not
> need our remarks or appriciate our efforts to 'save' them.

Geez, I wasn't even considering philosophical issues...I was
considering the issues of portability issues as far as PostgreSQL was/is
concerned...

...look at the mailing list archives...its been a nightmare,
specially with the new glibc "standard" that is only standard on Linux :(

> Besides, everyone knows that Satanix is the one true OS. :)

Err? What's Satanix and where can I get a copy? :)