Re: [HACKERS] NEW POSTGRESQL LOGOS

From: "Matthew N(dot) Dodd" <winter(at)jurai(dot)net>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Ken McGlothlen <mcglk(at)serv(dot)net>, pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] NEW POSTGRESQL LOGOS
Date: 1998-06-04 16:35:55
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> How about the BSD daemon just saving time and clubbing down the Linux
> penguin? :)

Linux really isn't a problem as far as I'm concerned.

You spend far too much time engaging in sniper warfare against Linux and
its users in this group. While I agree with you that Linux has some
philosophical issues that I'm not completly happy with its users do not
need our remarks or appriciate our efforts to 'save' them.

Linux will reap what it sows. (And it has)

If you wish to create dissident waves in what should be a fairly coherent
effort to produce a superior -database- system, by all means continue OS
bashing.

So long as the PostgreSQL development efforts maintain high standards and
continues to demand coherent, well designed and implemented code from the
various submiters I see no chance of us having to cope with the problems
of a completly open and arbitrary development effort (Like Linux.)

Compared to the MySQL source, PostgreSQL is remarkably clean. We have a
very nice build enviornment, clear divisions in the source tree for
various modules etc.

Lets concentrate our efforts on converting people from MySQL and WindowsNT
to Unix (any unix) and leave the OS dicksizing to the Advocacy groups.

Besides, everyone knows that Satanix is the one true OS. :)

(Satanix: When the rapture comes will you have root?)

/*
Matthew N. Dodd | A memory retaining a love you had for life
winter(at)jurai(dot)net | As cruel as it seems nothing ever seems to
http://www.jurai.net/~winter | go right - FLA M 3.1:53
*/