Re: [HACKERS] Current sources?

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih+mail(at)Hamartun(dot)Priv(dot)NO>
Cc: David Gould <dg(at)illustra(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Current sources?
Date: 1998-05-22 23:19:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 22 May 1998, Tom Ivar Helbekkmo wrote:

> The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org> writes:
>
> > snapshot's only happen once a week unless in a BETA freeze...what
> > is wrong with CVSup for you though?
>
> CVSup can only be used on a few platforms, and is a hell of a big job
> to port to new ones, because you have to begin by porting a Modula-3
> compiler. Decidedly non-trivial.

I've tried to get anonCVS working, and am still working on it,
but, for some odd reason, it isn't working as expected, even with
following the instructions laid out in several FAQs :(

Try this:

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs(at)postgresql(dot)org:/usr/local/cvsroot login
- password of 'postgresql'
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs(at)postgresql(dot)org:/usr/local/cvsroot co pgsql

And tell me what it comes up with...it might just be me *shrug*

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org