(no subject)

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: gyurika(at)aix(dot)prolan(dot)hu
Subject: (no subject)
Date: 1998-05-12 13:13:46
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

reforwarded to the proper one: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org

Dear PGD,

I would like to know something, becouse I can't find answer in the
Postgres documentation. I use libpq, and when I create an exsisting
table, PQexec function returns a null pointer. But I need an error code,
becouse I want to treat this problem. Can anybody tell me how I can get
this desired error code?

I need to know, what tables exist in the database (by libpq functions),
but I can't find anything about that in the manual.

Dear Jackson De Huan,
I wrote in my previous letter:
> If I create end destroy a table several times (for instance
> table
> ANALOG), after some trials I can't create this table (ANJALOG) again.
> When I list my tables with \dt command (in psql), psql says that I
> haven't got any tables at all. Despite the fact that I haven't got any
> tables, I can't create table ANALOG, but I can create another table
> (for
> instance BOCI).
Thank you for your answer. I had tried to execute a vacuum command in
psql, but it didn't help. If I destroy and recreate my database,
everything become perfect. But it isn't too comfortable. (I use my
database not as postgres but as gyurika user. I've created a postgres
user, whose name is gyurika. ).

Thanks for your attention!

Gyorgy Lendvary

e-mail: gyurika(at)prolan(dot)hu