Re: Getting it to work

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: postodbc-users(at)listserv(dot)direct(dot)net
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Getting it to work
Date: 1998-03-19 04:31:16
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

First of all, all PostODBC users are being encouraged to move over to (or
at least cross post to) the pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org mailing
list...main benefit is that there are more ppl over here, alot of them
trying to do the same thing as you...but secondary benefit is that the
PostgreSQL developers are here also...in case its a PostgreSQL problem...

Next...

...what version of PostgreSQL and what version of PostODBC?

On Wed, 18 Mar 1998, Lyndon Sundmark wrote:

> Hi, i recently installed postgresql on linuxppc on a power mac. I can
> run it local on the mac and execute commands etc.
>
> However, I also downloaded postodbc and installed it on a pentium
> machine which is networked to the powermac. I cannot get th odbc driver
> to see postgresql though.
>
> Does something have to be done to give postgresql odbc capability with
> post odbc or can it be odbc aware with the standard compile.
>
> Ideas? Any help would be appreciated :-)

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org