Re: [ADMIN] configuring pg_hba.conf...

From: Postgres GOD <postgres(at)pili(dot)adn(dot)edu(dot)ph>
To: Oliver Elphick <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] configuring pg_hba.conf...
Date: 1999-01-27 03:37:56
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Oliver Elphick wrote:

> Postgres GOD wrote:
> >how do i set the pg_hba.conf for a password authentication? how do i set
> >the ps_pwd and other needed configuration?
>
> Here is a document I put together on the subject. (If anything in it has
> become inaccurate, please let me know; I believe it is correct for 6.4.2.)
>
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> How to use clear or encrypted passwords for PostgreSQL access:
>
> Use lines such as
>
> local all password
> host 192.137.23 255.255.255.0 crypt
>
> in /etc/postgresql/pg_hba.conf; then you can use
>
> CREATE USER user WITH PASSWORD password...

thanks for your help. i followed your instructions but can't still connect
to my database. btw, i'm using 6.3.2 version. i copied exactly the two
lines you've mentioned above in my pg_hba.conf and i even tried modifying
using my server's ip but still user authentication failed.

what should be the problem with this?

samil buri.
'winning w/o fighting is best.' --suntzu.