More Re: 7.0.2 regressions testing on Sparc running 2.5.1

From: ghaverla(at)freenet(dot)edmonton(dot)ab(dot)ca
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: More Re: 7.0.2 regressions testing on Sparc running 2.5.1
Date: 2000-08-31 19:26:55
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Tom Lane wrote:
> ghaverla(at)freenet(dot)edmonton(dot)ab(dot)ca writes:

> > The makefile in regress/sql deletes the create_function_1.sql,
> > create_function_2.sql, copy.sql, contraints.sql and misc.sql
> > files when you run make all. Then when you run make runtest,
> > those tests fail (cause error messages) are the executable
> > scripts are no longer there.

I still don't know why make deletes those files, maybe I'll
try to trace that later.

The errors I'm seeing upon loading the regress.so file are
a little baffling to me. The path mentioned in the error
message to the shared object library is correct, and if I
load the file into emacs, I can find the symbol it is complaining
about (or at least a text string with that symbol, in this
case the symbol is CurrentMemoryContext). If I run
objdump on the file, I get the following for CurrentMemoryContext:
00000000 *UND* 00000000 CurrentMemoryContext

I'm sort of guessing that somehow my mishmash of Solaris
and GNU is building a bad shared object file. But having
never debugged anything like this before, the going is slow.

Gord

Matter Realisations http://www.materialisations.com/
Gordon Haverland, B.Sc. M.Eng. President
101 9504 182 St. NW Edmonton, AB, CA T5T 3A7
780/481-8019 ghaverla @ freenet.edmonton.ab.ca