Implement a new data type

From: mohand oubelkacem makhoukhene <mohand-oubelkacem(at)outlook(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Implement a new data type
Date: 2020-08-14 15:48:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello

I would like to implement a new data type next to char, number, varchar... for example a special "Money" type, but
I don't want to use extensions and the Create type command. I want to implement it directly inside source code,
because I want to implement my new type at lower level, in order to perform some more sophisticated functions after.
Just as an example, help the optimizer in its decisions.
How should I proceed ? Is it an easy task ?

Thanks
Mohand