The folding of unquoted names to lower case in PostgreSQL is incompatible with the SQL standard

From: "David Delorme" <ddelorme(at)dmdelorme(dot)ca>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: The folding of unquoted names to lower case in PostgreSQL is incompatible with the SQL standard
Date: 2003-03-12 14:15:33
Lists: pgsql-sql

I am trying to integrate MapInfo with a postgresql backend.
Problem:
MapInfo query uses both quoted and unquoted statements i.e.
"MAPINFO"."MAPINFO_MAPCATALOG" and mapinfo.mapinfo_mapcatalog
I can not change the query statements that MapInfo uses to talk to the odbc
driver.
I am in the process of changing to grass5 for all my map production.

I have a schema called MAPINFO and a table called MAPINFO_MAPCATALOG.
I need to fold unquoted names to uppercase.

I really only need to change this behaviour for this schema.

David Delorme
http://dmdelorme.ca