Runtime Problems

From: "Richard Luckhurst" <rickl(at)soundadvice(dot)aunz(dot)net>
To: "PGSQL Hackers" <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Runtime Problems
Date: 2004-05-13 01:04:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Hello All

I am quite new to pgsql and the Win32 port. I have just tried Vishal's new
guide to building
and I am having what looks like a path problem when I try to initialise a
database. I am using
Windows 2000. Everything builds and installs OK and I have copied the files
in the msys\1.0\local\pgsql
to my c:\pgsql folder as per the instructions. I have added C:\pgsql\bin and
c:\pgsql\lib to my path
as instructed. When I try to run initdb I get the following error

initdb -D c:\pgsql\data -W --lc-collate=C
Bad command or file name
fgets failure: No error
Bad command or file name
fgets failure: No error
The program "postgres" is needed by initdb but was not found in
the directory "C:/msys/1.0/local/pgsql/bin". Check your installation

I would appreciate any clues here as this has me stumped. I don't understand
why is should even be looking in the msys directory.

Regards

Richard
Richard Luckhurst
Manager / Engineer