postgresQL.org "Latest News" or "Latest Product"?

From: "Guy Flaherty" <flahertyg(at)a-jis(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postgresQL.org "Latest News" or "Latest Product"?
Date: 2005-03-24 03:59:51
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Just a thought, but is the latest news section on the website really showing
a lot of "news" recently. It seems to be more often than not showing the
latest product that has become available! This appears on the front page of
the postgresQL website, and is what pretty much everyone sees first when
they load up the page or visit the site, especially for first timers or new
users. I know it is difficult to keep updating content for a news section,
and I know there are other places you can get more news, such as the mailing
lists etc., but this is the main website! Couldn't the latest news section
be put to better use? Mailing lists are great, but the website seems to be a
little bit underutilized for spreading the good word about such a top-class
piece of software!

Guy Flaherty