RE: Force streaming every change in logical decoding

From: "shiy(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <shiy(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Force streaming every change in logical decoding
Date: 2022-12-21 13:17:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Dec 21, 2022 4:05 PM Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Here are some review comments for patch v2.
>
> Since the GUC is still under design maybe these comments can be
> ignored for now, but I guess similar comments will apply in future
> anyhow (just with some name changes).

Thanks for your comments.

> ======
>
> 3. More docs.
>
> It might be helpful if this developer option is referenced also on the
> page "31.10.1 Logical Replication > Configuration Settings >
> Publishers" [1]

The new added GUC is developer option, and it seems that most developer options
are not referenced on other pages. So, I am not sure if we need to add this to
other docs.

Other comments are fixed [1]. (Some of them are ignored because of the new
design.)

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/OSZPR01MB6310AAE12BC281158880380DFDEB9%40OSZPR01MB6310.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com

Regards,
Shi yu