RE: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side

From: "osumi(dot)takamichi(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <osumi(dot)takamichi(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: 'Masahiko Sawada' <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>, Alexey Lesovsky <lesovsky(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side
Date: 2021-08-05 08:58:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tuesday, August 3, 2021 3:49 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I've attached new patches that incorporate all comments I got so far.
> Please review them.
Hi, I had a chance to look at the patch-set during my other development.
Just let me share some minor cosmetic things.

[1] unnatural wording ? in v5-0002.
+ * create tells whether to create the new subscription entry if it is not
+ * create tells whether to create the new subscription relation entry if it is

I'm not sure if this wording is correct or not.
You meant just "tells whether to create ...." ?,
although we already have 1 other "create tells" in HEAD.

[2] typo "kep" in v05-0002.

I think you meant "kept" in below sentence.

+/*
+ * Subscription error statistics kep in the stats collector. One entry represents
+ * an error that happened during logical replication, reported by the apply worker
+ * (subrelid is InvalidOid) or by the table sync worker (subrelid is a valid OID).

[3] typo "lotigcal" in the v05-0004 commit message.

If incoming change violates any constraint, lotigcal replication stops
until it's resolved. This commit introduces another way to skip the
transaction in question.

It should be "logical".

[4] warning of doc build

I've gotten an output like below during my process of make html.
Could you please check this ?

Link element has no content and no Endterm. Nothing to show in the link to monitoring-pg-stat-subscription-errors

Best Regards,
Takamichi Osumi