RE: [bug fix] ALTER TABLE SET LOGGED/UNLOGGED on a partitioned table does nothing silently

From: "tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: 'Bharath Rupireddy' <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [bug fix] ALTER TABLE SET LOGGED/UNLOGGED on a partitioned table does nothing silently
Date: 2020-12-10 01:39:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

From: Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
> I'm not sure how many more of such commands exist which require changes.
>
> How about doing it this way?
>
> 1) Have a separate common thread listing the commands and specifying
> clearly the agreed behaviour for such commands.
> 2) Whenever the separate patches are submitted(hopefully) by the
> hackers for such commands, after the review we can make a note of that
> patch in the common thread.
> 3) Once the patches for all the listed commands are
> received(hopefully) , then they can be committed together in one
> release.

That sounds interesting and nice. Having said that, I rather think it's better to release the fixes separately. Of course, we confirm the principle of consistency that individual fixes base on beforehand and what actions need sixing (SET LOGGED/UNLOGGED was missing in the past thread.)

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa