RE: Logical replication timeout problem

From: "wangw(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <wangw(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: "Gregory Stark (as CFM)" <stark(dot)cfm(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(dot)oss(at)gmail(dot)com>, "shiy(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <shiy(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>, "houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>, Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>, Fabrice Chapuis <fabrice636861(at)gmail(dot)com>, Euler Taveira <euler(at)eulerto(dot)com>, Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)" <kuroda(dot)hayato(at)fujitsu(dot)com>, Simon Riggs <simon(dot)riggs(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Petr Jelinek <petr(dot)jelinek(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, "tanghy(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <tanghy(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Ajin Cherian <itsajin(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: RE: Logical replication timeout problem
Date: 2023-03-02 02:32:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Mar 2, 2023 at 4:19 AM Gregory Stark (as CFM) <stark(dot)cfm(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Feb 2023 at 15:04, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de> wrote:
> >
> > Attached is a current, quite rough, prototype. It addresses some of the points
> > raised, but far from all. There's also several XXXs/FIXMEs in it. I changed
> > the file-ending to .txt to avoid hijacking the CF entry.
>
> It looks like this patch has received quite a generous helping of
> feedback from Andres. I'm setting it to Waiting on Author.
>
> On the one hand it looks like there's a lot of work to do on this but
> on the other hand it sounds like this is a live problem in the field
> so if it can get done in time for release that would be great but if
> not then feel free to move it to the next commitfest (which means next
> release).

Hi,

Since this patch is an improvement to the architecture in HEAD, we started
another new thread [1] on this topic to develop related patch.

It seems that we could modify the details of this CF entry to point to the new
thread and change the status to 'Needs Review'.

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20230210210423.r26ndnfmuifie4f6%40awork3.anarazel.de

Regards,
Wang Wei