Re: typedef struct LogicalDecodingContext

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: typedef struct LogicalDecodingContext
Date: 2023-03-02 02:46:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> Apparently, not all C99 compilers can be assumed to work using the
> strict C99 rules.

While googling this issue I came across a statement that clang currently
defaults to C17 rules. Even relatively old compilers might default to
C11. But considering how long we held on to C89, I doubt we'll want
to move the project minimum to C11 for some years yet.

> So I will abandon this idea.

There might still be room to do something here, just not quite
that way. Maybe some actual header refactoring is called for?