RE: Logical replication timeout problem

From: "wangw(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <wangw(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: "wangw(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <wangw(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Euler Taveira <euler(at)eulerto(dot)com>, Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>, "kuroda(dot)hayato(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <kuroda(dot)hayato(at)fujitsu(dot)com>, Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>, Fabrice Chapuis <fabrice636861(at)gmail(dot)com>, Simon Riggs <simon(dot)riggs(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Petr Jelinek <petr(dot)jelinek(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, "tanghy(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <tanghy(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Ajin Cherian <itsajin(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: RE: Logical replication timeout problem
Date: 2022-04-11 07:33:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Apr 11, 2022 at 2:39 PM I wrote:
> Attach the new patch.
Also, share test results and details.

To check that the lsn information used for the calculation is what we expected,
I get some information by adding logs in the function LagTrackerRead.

Summary of test results:
- In current HEAD and current HEAD with v14 patch, we could found the
information of same lsn as received from subscriber-side in lag_tracker.
- In current HEAD with v13 patch, we could hardly found the information of same
lsn in lag_tracker.

Attach the details:
[The log by HEAD]
the lsn we received from subscriber | the lsn whose time we used to calculate in lag_tracker
382826584 | 382826584
743884840 | 743884840
1104943232 | 1104943232
1468949424 | 1468949424
1469521216 | 1469521216

[The log by HEAD with v14 patch]
the lsn we received from subscriber | the lsn whose time we used to calculate in lag_tracker
382826584 | 382826584
743890672 | 743890672
1105074264 | 1105074264
1469127040 | 1469127040
1830591240 | 1830591240

[The log by HEAD with v13 patch]
the lsn we received from subscriber | the lsn whose time we used to calculate in lag_tracker
382826584 | 359848728
743884840 | 713808560
1105010640 | 1073978544
1468517536 | 1447850160