RE: Remove "FROM" in "DELETE FROM" when using tab-completion

From: "tanghy(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <tanghy(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Remove "FROM" in "DELETE FROM" when using tab-completion
Date: 2021-05-11 07:30:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 2:53 PM, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz> wrote
> else if (TailMatches("DELETE", "FROM", MatchAny))
> COMPLETE_WITH("USING", "WHERE");
>- /* XXX: implement tab completion for DELETE ... USING */
>
>Why are you removing that? This sentence is still true, no?

IIRC, XXX in comment is used to flag something that is bogus but works.
When the sentence introduced here in f5ab0a14, the fix for "DELETE ... USING" is not as good as it is now.(I guess that's why the comment was added). And for now, IMHO, we can remove the comment directly.

If my understanding here is wrong, please let me know and that would be great to learn more about PG.

Regards,
Tang