RE: row filtering for logical replication

From: "tanghy(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <tanghy(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Ajin Cherian <itsajin(at)gmail(dot)com>, Greg Nancarrow <gregn4422(at)gmail(dot)com>, Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>, Euler Taveira <euler(at)eulerto(dot)com>, Rahila Syed <rahilasyed90(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Önder Kalacı <onderkalaci(at)gmail(dot)com>, japin <japinli(at)hotmail(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>, Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: row filtering for logical replication
Date: 2021-11-09 03:03:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Friday, November 5, 2021 1:14 PM, Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> PSA new set of v37* patches.

Thanks for your patch. I have a problem when using this patch.

The document about "create publication" in patch says:

The <literal>WHERE</literal> clause should contain only columns that are
part of the primary key or be covered by <literal>REPLICA
be replicated.

But I tried this patch, the columns which could be contained in WHERE clause must be
covered by REPLICA IDENTITY, but it doesn't matter if they are part of the primary key.
(We can see it in Case 4 of publication.sql, too.) So maybe we should modify the document.

Regards
Tang