RE: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions

From: "houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>, Ajin Cherian <itsajin(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions
Date: 2021-03-24 10:29:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I have incorporated all your changes and additionally made few more changes
> (a) got rid of LogicalRepBeginPrepareData and instead used
> LogicalRepPreparedTxnData, (b) made a number of changes in comments and
> docs, (c) ran pgindent, (d) modified tests to use standard wait_for_catch
> function and removed few tests to reduce the time and to keep regression
> tests reliable.

Hi,

When reading the code, I found some comments related to the patch here.

* XXX Now, this can even lead to a deadlock if the prepare
* transaction is waiting to get it logically replicated for
* distributed 2PC. Currently, we don't have an in-core
* implementation of prepares for distributed 2PC but some
* out-of-core logical replication solution can have such an
* implementation. They need to inform users to not have locks
* on catalog tables in such transactions.
*/

Since we will have in-core implementation of prepares, should we update the comments here ?

Best regards,
houzj