ODBC Error while selecting a numeric data field

From: "Tom Ince" <tom(dot)ince(at)netzero(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ODBC Error while selecting a numeric data field
Date: 2002-07-12 15:40:30
Lists: pgsql-general

I have tried PostgreSQL version 7.1.3 with iODBC-3.0.5

and

PostgreSQL version 7.2.1 with iODBC-3.0.6

and in both cases I get an error when attempting to do a select on a field
with the numeric data type.

Using the psql program I do the following :

CREATE TABLE test (lat numeric(9,6) );
INSERT INTO test VALUES (12.23);
SELECT * FROM test;

When I do the select in the psql program I get :

lat
----------
12.230000
(1 row)

Now, I have an application attempting to perform the same SELECT statement
using the iODBC drivers SDK.
When calling SQLFetch with a SELECT statement attempting to pull data from a
field of type NUMERIC, I get
the error :

07006
Received an unsupported type from Postgres.

Please help....