Re: PostgreSQL Win32 Port / psqlODBC driver

From: "Webmaster Bebe Nounou" <webmaster(at)bebe-nounou(dot)com>
To: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Win32 Port / psqlODBC driver
Date: 2004-04-04 22:18:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.

We don't have any Unix platform to test the link without Cygwin ...

But we have never encountered any similar problem using Cygwin with the psql
client. It's the reason why I have disregarded the cygwin layer in our
problem. Am I wrong ? Do you have any specific reason to think the cygwin
port could be responsible for our bug ?

Concerning the psqlODBC driver, i haven't seen any new release scheduled.
It's a bit touchy for me to give my point of view since I don't contribute
in your project but here it is :
=> The most used "API" to connect a database in the win32 world is ODBC.
=> The great job done by the team working on the win32 port project should
lead to a rush on Postgres from Win32 users.
For those reasons, both the port of Postgres and the evolutions of the
psqlODBC driver shouldn't they be managed by the same person or team ?

If you need any reference of postgres database in production for Europe, I
would be really happy to help you in that way ...

Best regards

Stephane Decleire
http://www.bebe-nounou.com